The AT2020 mic goes digital
Audio-Technica releases the AT2020USBi cardioid condenser microphone with USB and Lightning connectivity, to digitally capture audio on PC/Mac or iOS
udio equipment manufacturer, Audio-Technica is now shipping its AT2020USBi cardioid condenser USB microphone featuring iOS compatibility. Modeled after the critically acclaimed AT2020, this digital output mic features an A/D converter with a 24-bit/96 kHz sampling rate that’s suitable for home studio recording, field recording and podcasting use.
The AT2020USBi works with both USB and Lightning cables (included), to digitally capture audio onto any PC, Mac or iOS device. An integrated gain control allows users to adjust the input level directly on the microphone.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Power requirements: USB (5V DC); Lightning (3.3V DC)
- Bit depth: 24 bit
- Sample rate: Up to 96 kHz
- Controls: Mic gain control
- Weight: 374g
- Dimensions: 162mm long x 52mm maximum body diameter
- Output connector: Micro-HDMI
Included with the microphone is a pivoting stand mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands, 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter, soft protective pouch, tripod desk stand, one 3.1m USB cable and one 3.1m Lightning cable. The AT2020USBi is now available with recommended retail price of £179. For more information, visit audio-technica.com