Legendary songwriter revealed to have died from an opioid overdose, having been found dead at his home on 21 April
His sudden death shock and saddened the world six weeks ago, after Prince was found dead in his home aged 57 on 21 April. Now his autopsy results have confirmed his cause of death to have been an opioid overdose.
The news was revealed anonymously to the Associated Press by a law enforcement officer and confirmed previous suspicions that the legendary songwriter had died from a drug overdose.
In May it was revealed that Prince had been in possession of prescription drugs at the time of his death, while a police warrant has confirmed that the songwriter was prescribed medication by Dr Michael Schulenberg the day before he died.