Submit an unreleased original song to be in with a chance of receiving bespoke feedback from legendary songwriter Guy Chambers
Sometimes the combination of music and lyrics is so complete that it can’t be improved by any additional accoutrements. Similarly, we’ve got a competition prize so exciting that it doesn’t need the big sell, so we’ll get on with it…
In collaboration with the online music learning platform, MusicGurus, we are offering one lucky entrant a one-to-one phone or video session with legendary songwriter Guy Chambers, in which he will give his feedback on their winning song. All you have to do is submit an unreleased original composition and hope that it is selected as the winner.
Speaking of his involvement, Chambers says, “I’m looking forward to hearing the entries to this competition. The last few years have really given people the time to be creative so I’m on the lookout for songwriters with something new to say.”
Here’s everything you need to know:
A live one-to-one phone or video call with Guy Chambers where he will give you feedback on your track and you can ask questions. This will be arranged by MusicGurus at a time that suits both the winner and Guy Chambers.
Two runner-ups will each receive written or pre-recorded feedback from Guy Chambers on their original composition.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete this form including a link to your original composition online.
- For an extra entry, post your song on Instagram tagging @musicgurushq and @songwritingmagazine. You must be following both accounts.
- Closing time and date for the competition is 23:59 BST on Thursday 30 September 2021.
- The three winners will be selected by MusicGurus and Songwriting Magazine in collaboration with Guy Chambers.
- The composition must be unreleased and you must be an unsigned artist.
- The track must be a minimum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 240 seconds.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The full terms and conditions can be found here.
ABOUT GUY CHAMBERS
Guy Chambers is an Ivor Novello-winning songwriter who has worked with iconic artists including Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Tom Jones, Kylie Minogue and many others. His work alongside Robbie Williams saw him co-write pop anthems such as Angels, Millennium, Feel, Let Me Entertain You and Rock DJ, establishing him as one of the most successful writers of his generation.
Don’t forget, Songwriting and MusicGurus are also offering readers an exclusive 15% off Guy’s first-ever online course, Song Studies: The Songwriting Secrets of Guy Chambers (using discount code SWSEPT15 by 30 September 2021). If you want to know how Guy came up with the classic songs Angels, Feel and No Regrets, and learn tips and techniques that will undoubtedly help your own songwriting, this course is definitely for you.
All that’s left is for us to say good luck, we genuinely can’t wait to hear your songs.