In need of songwriting inspiration? Five lucky winners can get their hands on a deck of these songwriter prompt cards
When it comes to songwriting, we all need a helping hand from time to time. Whether it’s getting your latest masterpiece off the ground or overcoming a particularly troubling bridge, wouldn’t it be nice if you could just pull some inspiration out of your pocket and kiss writer’s block goodbye. Well, thanks to the fine people at The Song In My Head, that’s exactly what you can do. That’s right, their Songwriter Cards are brimming with all the prompts that you’ll need to jumpstart your creative juices. Designed for the bedroom musician you could say that each card is your own mini mentor.
Created by professional musicians Kathy Brown and Jean Michel ‘Kiki’ Aublette, the cards offer expert suggestions and advice all aimed at making your songwriting more fun and achievable than ever. You’ll never have to fear the blank page ever again.
Each box comes with a deck of 110 cards of 10 families: Style (genre), Structure, Harmony, Melody, Modes, Blues, Keyword (lyric writing prompts), Idea (inspirational ideas), Wisdom (songwriting acumen) and Gift Card (Surprise!)
Lightweight but robust, the deck is housed in a rigid, protective box that fits easily into instrument cases or bags for writing on the fly whenever inspiration strikes, be it solo, working with a band, at jam sessions, or at open mic nights.
HOW THEY WORK
In the vein of prompt cards or oracle cards, they assist and support the creative process of songwriting, and music composition. Pull a card from a specific family whenever you need inspiration, or choose several from different families to create a songwriting brief to make your own song.
Normally available via Amazon or Etsy, we are delighted to say that we have five packs to give away to our readers (we’ve even managed to resist the temptation of opening any of them up for a quick play in the office).
HOW TO ENTER
This competition is now closed.
Terms & conditions
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the publisher reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The closing date for entries is 23:59 on 11 December 2020.
- The winners will be notified by email by 13 December 2020 and will need to reply with their full name and postal address where the prize should be sent.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the publisher reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.